lilypond processing mode example

From: Graham Percival
Subject: lilypond processing mode example
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:19:01 -0800

Hi all,

Here's an initial release of a system to use lilypond's processing mode. It compiles and displays systems one by one. The eventual goal is to use this for algorithmic music; particularly algorithmic music which involves real-time input. It currently only does random quarter notes within an octave, though.

This is still at the proof-of-concept stage. In addition to lilypond, it requires netcat (cat a file to a port), xli (image viewing program that obeys -geometry), X11 (to use xli), and the display positions are made with a 1024 screen in mind. netcat and xli are available in fink. It also requires perl, but everybody has that, right?

It's also my first time writing perl, so don't make fun of me.  :)

Save both files in a directory and run "makelily.pl" from within X11.
http://percival-music.ca/interactive/