Re: parallel versus series scoring

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: parallel versus series scoring
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:39:32 +0100

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

Why not do

 \parMusic #'(A B C)  { c | e | g  | d | f | a}

which expands to  { }, and defines the following vars in the parser

  A = { c d }
  B = { e f }
  C = { g a }

then, the user can decide for himself how to structure A B and C.

Another attempt. I had to make ly:music-message public first (in
scm/music-functions.scm). BTW, I may be missing something obvious for
getting music expression origin locations (see music-origin

You're looking for the 'origin property,

 (ly:message (ly:music-property m 'origin) "blah")

As final finish, something should be added to the process-toplevel-music hook so that you can make it ignore the result of \parallelMusic. Maybe set a #'void property in the returned value, and
ignore a music expression  with #'void in

  collect-music-for-book