Re: Missing isnan, isinf?

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: Missing isnan, isinf?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:01:33 -0600

Quoth Johannes Schindelin:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Don Blaheta wrote:
> > I can't quite figure out why, because flower/offset.cc includes
> > flower/include/offset.hh, which includes flower/include/real.hh, which
> > includes /usr/include/math.h, which includes (are you following all
> > this?) /usr/include/architecture/ppc/math.h, which defines both isnan
> > and isinf as #define macros.  At least, afaict.  Has anyone else run
> > into similar problems?
>
> Yes. I don't remember when exactly, but it went away some time in the last
> two months for me.
>
> I think the problem has to do with wrong precompiled headers, and a
> certain order of includes, because at a certain time I could just redefine
> the macros after the #include without a warning.

I was inspired by this message to make clean, then rerun autoconf, then
recompile.  And... now the error has moved, at least; it's in
accidental-placement.cc:

  rm -f ./out/accidental-placement.dep;
DEPENDENCIES_OUTPUT="./out/accidental-placement.dep
./out/accidental-placement.o" g++ -c -Woverloaded-virtual -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DSTD_STRING=1 -DNDEBUG -DSTRING_UTILS_INLINED -I./include -I./out
-I../flower/include -I../flower/./out -I../flower/include  -O2
-finline-functions -g -pipe -I/sw/include
-I/sw/lib/freetype219/include/freetype2   -I/sw/include/pango-1.0
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/sw/include/glib-2.0
-I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include   -Wno-pmf-conversions -W -Wall -Wconversion -o
out/accidental-placement.o accidental-placement.cc
  accidental-placement.cc: In static member function `static scm_unused_struct*
     Accidental_placement::calc_positioning_done(scm_unused_struct*)':
  accidental-placement.cc:357: error: `isinf' undeclared (first use this
     function)
  accidental-placement.cc:357: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
     only once for each function it appears in.)
  make[1]: *** [out/accidental-placement.o] Error 1
  make: *** [all] Error 2

This is totally baffling.  From all I can tell, the chain of #include
macros does eventually end up in defining isinf (and isnan).

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
Never invoke the gods unless you really want them to appear.  It annoys