Re: 'make all' fails CVS 1.4637

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: 'make all' fails CVS 1.4637
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:56:50 +0000

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 07:52 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> David Bobroff wrote:
>
> >Current CVS (ChangeLog 1.4637) barfs fairly far into the build process:
> >

> 1.  Where do you find the ChangeLog version number?

What I normally do is check here:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/lilypond/?root=lilypond

...to see if there has been an update since my last compile.  There is
also some CVS 'status' command to run that will display the current
ChangeLog version of your local copy of the CVS sources.

> 2.  It seems to run anyway.  Debian sid

I've noticed that sometimes I can compile without trouble when others
(other distributions that is) have problems.  I think, for example, I've
seen Debian users posting 'make all' failures when I have just
successfully compiled a fresh checkout/update on the same ChangeLog
version.

> 3.  Is this list moderated?   My posts take hours to arrive at the list
> but get to the OP faster.

Recently my posts have been taking a while to come back to my 'in' box
as well.  There are times when it is only a matter of minutes.  That is
not the case now.

> Paul Scott

David