Re: Lilypond -> flash (gnash) animation?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond -> flash (gnash) animation?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:18:44 -0800

On 20-Feb-06, at 4:42 PM, Mark Van den Borre wrote:

Could Lilypond help animate a simple snippet of music? Think

Yes, it could _help_. I would only use it to generate pictures of music, not any animation or syncing. You could generate a whole bunch of input files via perl or the like, call lilypond on them, and get a bunch of pictures.

start/stop button, and note highlighting that jumps along with the
sound, a bit like a proprietary plugin does for a proprietary music
notation app. The possible music education applications of even the
simplest implementation would be huge...

I wouldn't try to do anything like this, though.