Re: lilypond/Documentation/user advanced-notation.i...

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond/Documentation/user advanced-notation.i...
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:33:19 -0800

On 21-Feb-06, at 11:24 PM, Trevor Bača wrote:

As the example illustrates, @code{ly:make-moment n m} constructs a
duration of n/m, for example @code{ly:make-moment 1 8} is an eight note
duration and @code{ly:make-moment 7 16} is the duration of seven
sixteenths notes.

I like Mats's gloss of "n/m" and it might help even further to add the
qualifier "of a whole note", so: "As the example illustrates,
@code{ly:make-moment n m} constructs a duration equal to n/m of a
whole note. For example, @code{ly:make-moment 1 8} constructs a
duration equal to one eighth-note (or 1/8 of a whole note) and
@code{ly:make-moment 7 16} constructs a duration equal to seven
sixteenth-notes (or 7/16 of a whole note)."

Hmm... ok. I don't really think this explanation needs anything added, but adding the "whole note" bit lets us finish a sentence before the "For example" bit. Committed.

BTW, please remember to remove lilypond-cvs from the Cc when replying to CVS messages.