utility: \interpolate

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: utility: \interpolate
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:33:42 +0100

Hi all,

I have written a command that interpolates music between notes; this might be
useful in music that contains many scales. For example,

\relative \interpolate { c8 c' }
=>
\relative { c8 d e f g a b c }

\relative \interpolate { c8 c'4 c,2 }
=>
\relative { c8 d e f g a b c4 b a g f e d c2 }

The command recognises time signatures: the pitches of all newly created notes
are set to comply to the key signature. For example:
\relative { \key d\major \interpolate { d f' } }
=>
\relative { \key d\major { d e fis g a b cis d e f } }

You can also create exceptions by adding music within {}:
\relative \interpolate { c8 c'4 {e} g8 c }
=>
\relative { c8 d e f g a b c4 {e} g8 f e d c }

The command handles \relative nicely: It will do what you expect, regardless
of whether you call it inside or outside a \relative block.

Comments and suggestions for improvements are welcome. I will probably upload
the file to lsr pretty soon.

--
Erik