Re: Paper size

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Paper size
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 00:01:50 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
Why do we have this?

#(set-default-paper-size "a4")
-or-
\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4")
}

In fact, why not simply have
\paper {
  paper-size = "a4"
}

I have nothing against scheme expressions, but I don't see why the paper size (and global staff size) need scheme. If we could define them like normal \paper or \layout variables, we could avoid some newbie confusion.

because setting paper-size implies setting line-width and a number of other variables. Check out the definition of set-paper-size for details.