Re: LilyPond 2.7.38 released, final release candidate

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.7.38 released, final release candidate
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:08:14 -0500

    HN> I've just finished lilypond 2.7.38. This is likely to be the last
    HN> release candidate before we release 2.8, so report any bugs that you
    HN> might find.

The pdf file size is still almost 8 times the size of the postscript
file size.  (which I reported a couple of weeks ago).  I don't think
anyone who distributes her work via pdf is going to consider this an
upgrade from 2.6, even though there are some very nice new features.

There's also a problem I haven't reported with the 2.7.37 pdf files,
which is that they hang some version of acrobat reader (or maybe the
browser plugin) on Windows XP.  I'll get more details on this (and
check if it still happens on 2.7.38) if you're interested.

I'd also consider delaying the release of a new version until the
problems with the mailing lists are resolved.  When there's a several
day delay in the delivery of mail, you can't possibly know whether you've
addressed all the reported bugs.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139