Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (new patch)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Improvements to Postscript backend (new patch)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 02:59:02 +0200

David Feuer wrote:
I haven't yet found a better name for str4, or written a comment about
kerning, but I've made enough improvements that I think it's time to
send the patch in again.  Diff apparently got sick of all the changes
in output-ps.scm, so it did a really lousy job, even with -d.  Sorry
about that.  Reminder: this patch is against 2.8.0.  I strongly
suggest that you _not_ attempt to apply it to any version of
output-ps.scm other than that, because it will fry.  I'd like to
discuss conventions for PostScript at some point, but right now I have
to go.  Basic question: should drawing procedures all start at the
current point (they don't now)?  Should they all start at (0,0) (they
don't now)?  Or should some start one place and some another place,
with some kind of system for deciding?

AFAIK, they all start at (0,0)

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation