Re: line breaking patches?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: line breaking patches?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:07:00 +1100

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:48, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> any news on the new line breaking patches?   shouldn't we move to
> include them in lp 2.9 ?

I'm flat out until Monday, so I'll try to start sending things then. The
current status is that the big missing feature is the ability to calculate
the actual size of a system during the page-breaking step. I currently still
rely on the user setting the average system height in the paper block.

The Page_turn_engraver seems to be working, but I have some more thoughts on
how to manage penalties that I'll bring up on this list when I have a little
more time in a few days.

Joe