Re: Page and line penalties

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Page and line penalties
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:02:18 +0200

Juergen Reuter wrote:
Maybe I am totally wrong, but this discussion reminds me of an issue that I raised on Nov 18, last year; see the thread starting here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-11/msg00088.html

I am mentioning this thread just in case that you are looking for interesting test examples.

This is really something different. To solve this, we should rather introduce some convexity in the penalties, so one perfect plus two extremes is much worse than three so-so lines.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com