Re: feature request: Hairpin.hairpinFullLength

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: feature request: Hairpin.hairpinFullLength
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:08:08 -0500

On 4/12/06, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
> > (this'll probably get lost while HWN is away, but anyway...)
> >
> > From the docs,
> > "A hairpin starts at the left edge of the beginning note and ends on
> > the right edge of the ending note."
> > ----
> > tupletFullLength (boolean)
> >     If set, the tuplet is printed up to the start of the next note.
> > ----
> >
> > Could we have a feature, similar to tupletFullLength, which places
> > the end of a hairpin just before the start of the next note?
>
> Silly question: what's the difference between "up to" and "just
> before", i.e. how much before?
> This is at least partially related to the bound-padding property,
> though it affects both ends of the hairpin. Maybe the solution is to
> have a separate such property for each end or let the value of the
> bound-padding
> property be a pair of values.

Agreed that that final distance just before needs to be override-able.
Using tuplet brackets as a guide, it seems like keeping that last bit
of distance constant throughout a score is the goal ... but when you
get backed into a corner it's really nice to be able to shave off a
bit of the distance.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden