Re: Is GUB consistent across platforms?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Is GUB consistent across platforms?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 04:22:27 -0700

On 27-Apr-06, at 4:16 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

Tutorial section 2.2 still says that on Windows, you should "start up a text-editor". Is that still the case, or does GUB/windows provide a text editor?

You can double-click on the LilyPond icon to start a primitive text editor,
which unfortunately doesn't support UTF-8 encoding, for example.

Huh.  Well, I'll revisit this issue later.

Also, there is no menu entry for running convert-ly on a file, if that's what
you also asked.

Yes, that's what I was asking.  So how do windows users run convert-ly?

I was trying to rewrite the beginning chapters with GUB in mind, thinking that windows and OSX users didn't need to muck around on the command line any more, but perhaps they do. I was hoping I could have a single set of instructions that would apply to everybody (well, two sets of instructions: one for beginners, and one for command-line users).