Re: building lilypond 2.8.1 on Debian unstable

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: Re: building lilypond 2.8.1 on Debian unstable
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:14:41 -0700

"Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> writes:

> 2006/4/28, Thomas Bushnell BSG <address@hidden>:
>
>              File  "scripts/out/convert-ly", line  39,  in ?       import
>      lilylib as ly ImportError: No module named lilylib
>
>      Looking at the  script, it is looking for the  lilylib module in the
>      installation directory,  and doesn't contain any code  or other help
>      to locate it in the build directory.
>

>   this is red herring;  make/lilypond-vars.make sets LILYPONDPREFIX,
> which will cause the file to be found when doing the build.

Still fails, even when I set it.

address@hidden:/home/src/lilypond-2.8.1$ ls out/share/lilypond/current/
dvips  elisp  fonts  lilypond-force  ly  mf  ps  python  scm  scripts  tex

address@hidden:/home/src/lilypond-2.8.1$ ls out/share/lilypond/current/python
config.hh         fontextract.py   midi.dep     musicexp.pyc  rational.pyc
convertrules.py   fontextract.pyc  midi.lo      musicxml.py
convertrules.pyc  lilylib.py       midi.so      musicxml.pyc
dummy.dep         lilylib.pyc      musicexp.py  rational.py

address@hidden:/home/src/lilypond-2.8.1$
LILYPONDPREFIX=out/share/lilypond/current scripts/out/convert-ly --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/out/convert-ly", line 39, in ?
    import lilylib as ly
ImportError: No module named lilylib

Now curiously, if I set LILYPONDPREFIX to "out", then it gets
further.  But make/lilypond-vars.make does not set it to that, it sets
it to $(build_lilypond_datadir)/current, which is
out/share/lilypond/current.

Doing this (setting LILYPONDPREFIX to "out") produces:

address@hidden:/home/src/lilypond-2.8.1$ LILYPONDPREFIX=out
scripts/out/convert-ly --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/out/convert-ly", line 39, in ?
    import lilylib as ly
  File "out/share/lilypond/current/python/lilylib.py", line 17, in ?
    import subprocess
ImportError: No module named subprocess

address@hidden:/home/src/lilypond-2.8.1$ ls /usr/lib/python2.4/subprocess*
/usr/lib/python2.4/subprocess.py   /usr/lib/python2.4/subprocess.pyo
/usr/lib/python2.4/subprocess.pyc

> It works
> over here. Of course if you run this from the command line it fails.

Of course, because you already have the files installed.  De install
all of lilypond from the system, and then try and compile it... that's
a fair test!  Your build works Just Fine because you already have the
libraries installed.

Thomas