(geen onderwerp)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: (geen onderwerp)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 11:42:03 +0200

[to lilypond-devel, not sure if everyone is subscribed to lilypond-hacker]

Graham Percival schreef:
> I've finished most of the doc work. There's still plenty of things to do, but they're not so urgent. I can start doing bug stuff now. Until the bug tracker is up, what should I do? I had another look at the roundup demo, and there's a few fields that could be changed (less "bug status" flags, removing the "nosy" field (I don't know what it's supposed to do)), but my general impression is that I won't know what should be changed until I actually use it for a week or two. Besides,

the "nosy" field is a list of people to email the bug discussion about. It's very useful, because the tracker will appear like a subscription mailing for reporters, but only for their bugs.

> we don't want this running on my laptop anyway. Han-Wen, what's the status of the bug tracker?

It still has no status. I've been playing with the demo too. Because it will be on a real server, I'll have to make a list of things to do (database interfaces, cgi-bin vs. standalone server, email aliases) so we can tell our hosting provider what we need. Then we have to set everything up, migrate bugreports, change references etc.

Then, we need to have a "run lilypond on open bugreports" server.

> Do we have a vague estimate on a 2.10 release? I'm looking at a _very_ vague answer, such as "fall" or "beginning of 2007". I'm wondering how

No, the way things are going, we can time the 2.10 release whenever we want: as long as we keep lily stable (ie. keep "make web" working), it should be possible to push out 2.10 on -say- a month's notice.

That being said, I'm hoping for the following additions for 2.10

 - optimal page breaking
 - music stream I/O
 - parser work by Erik
- geometric regression testing (I think I asked David Feuer about this, but he has been remarkably silent)

also, I was hoping to rewrite some of the logic for toplevel music, \score and \book. Since things also depend on some personal plans for me, it makes sense to do the 2.10 release 'soon', as in: early summer.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com