Re: Lilypond developing: getting started

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Lilypond developing: getting started
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:37:36 +0200

Citerar Kieren Richard MacMillan <address@hidden>:

> 1. How much of the code is in C++, and how much in Scheme? Does the
> roadmap see this balance changing in any way, and if so in what
> direction? [n.b. I have very little experience with either C++ or
> Scheme specifically.]

If you only can learn one of them, I think it should be Scheme: You need to
understand Scheme in order to understand much of the c++ code, anyways.

In any case, you may find my master thesis useful, depending on which parts you
want to work with. See home.student.uu.se/ersa9195/report.pdf
It doesn't say much about back-end (layout), but it tells you a lot about how
the front-end (language, music representation) works.

The thesis work is currently in the process of being implemented.

Erik