Re: make web fails

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: make web fails
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:56:33 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
--nostringval-- Times-Roman   NimbusRomNo9L-Regu   Courier
NimbusMonL-Regu
try setting GS_FONTPATH too, to a directory containing Times-Roman or
Nimbus.
Hi,

What's usually the file names of those fonts? I could only find
NimbusRomNo9L-Regu, which didn't help.
I have one in

/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/n021003l.pfb

BTW, in which directory does the GUB binaries look for fonts? AFAICS, the gub 2.8.3 binary doesn't install any pfb:s, so how does it know where to look?

I'm not sure actually. Now that you mention it, it might take fonts from the Apple system folder over here. All the more reason to make things work on a different platform as well; I'd love to hear whether it works for you. The thing with GUB is that

a) we control it

b) results are much more predictable than with the random mix of packages that you get with Fedora/Ubuntu/Debian/etc.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com