Possible Bug in v2.9.8 LaissezVibrerTie for single notes

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Possible Bug in v2.9.8 LaissezVibrerTie for single notes
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 23:00:27 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings all,

v2.9.8-1 on Windows, native.

It seems that LaissezVibrerTie #'direction doesn't affect laissez vibrer ties on
single notes. I haven't tested the override for chords as I'm specifically
interested only in the semi-ties on single notes.

If semi-ties worked like full ties on single notes (in terms of direction), then
I wouldn't need to override these in the first place, so I suspect that may be
another aspect of the bug. Regardless of what I do, or where the note is on the
staff, a laissez vibrer (semi-tie) is always down on the note.

Here's my test code.

\version "2.9.8"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    d''4\laissezVibrer
    \override LaissezVibrerTie #'direction = #UP
    d''4\laissezVibrer
    \override LaissezVibrerTie #'direction = #1
    d''4\laissezVibrer
    r4
  }
}