RE: Documentation - index bug - noteheads

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: Documentation - index bug - noteheads
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:19:37 +0100

Sorry.

Section 6.6.1 should just be indexed as "NoteHead". It contains an
example of its use - indeed as I say the only example that appears to be
for generic use. Looking at it in the index led me to believe the
references were for ancient music (although in part that was me not
looking hard enough, but I still wouldn't have found what I was looking
for).

The existing "note heads" entry should be retitled "note heads, ancient"
because it points you at "7.7.1 Ancient note heads". Actually, having
found and looked at the index for NoteHead, the "note heads" entry
should either be dropped, or expanded to make it consistent with
NoteHead. I'd prefer the latter, but the result will be a bloated index

Suggestions are "note heads, special" for 8.4.5, "note heads, shape" for
8.5.4, "note heads, easy notation" for 8.5.5 (sorry this was what I was
looking for as a "practice notehead" - I obviously didn't look hard
enough).

By the way, is there an overarching philosophy behind the manual, or has
it "just growed" as users have made suggestions? It seems to me as
though a dedicated section on noteheads might make sense (I'm not saying
I'll write it - there are other things I'm trying to find time for -
like learning Scheme so I can fix headers the way I want them...). But
it's an idea.

Cheers,
Wol