\book again

From: Graham Percival
Subject: \book again
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:43:45 -0700

I know that identifiers must be at the toplevel of a .ly file, but do book-wide \context{} changes also need to be at toplevel? I couldn't find a way to define them inside a \book -- lilypond complained whether I used \paper{} or \layout{}.

identifier = { c'4 }
\layout {
        \context { \Voice % applies to all scores
                \override TextScript #'padding = #1.0
        }
}
\book {
        \version "2.9.8"
        \score {
                { c'4 \identifier }
                \layout{
                        \context { \Voice % applies to only this score
                                \override Glissando #'thickness = #3
                        }
                }
        }