Re: Updated stream/parser todo

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Updated stream/parser todo
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:43:10 +0100

On 6/16/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
Erik Sandberg schreef:

> 3. Make translators listen to stream events, and make MusicEvent stream-events
> contain properties directly. Furthermore, represent all events as stream
> events rather than music from the beginning. I think this will take some
> time.

Question: how will you deal with all the Scheme user code that this
change will break?  Every music function nowadays uses ly:music-property
on XxxxEvents.

We could make ly:music-property accept stream events as parameters,
but give warnings.

Hm.. it's a bit problematic that certain events (NoteEvent) will be
split up into one Music and one Stream-event. Perhaps we can construct
a hack that handles invalid music-property settings by checking for a
Stream_event child and try to set it there instead, along with a big
fat warning.

Erik