Re: ragged-last-bottom only affects last score in book

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: ragged-last-bottom only affects last score in book
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:02:53 -0700

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
[switch to lily-devel]

However, as you noted, there has to be a
way to differenciate the last page of a section (that would be
ragged-bottomized if the according property is set) and the last page of
a book, otherwise you would have the end footer on each section last
page.

Actually, that would be great! I was going to hack up another hard-coded thing,

#(define (last-page-score layout props arg)
  (if (member (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props -1)
         LASTPAGES )

but this could save me that trouble. (it's no trouble to write the function; it's just annoying to go through all my scores adding the appropriate values of LASTPAGES)

Also, the prerequisite is a way to create some kind of special paper
system that acts as a section marker. (there could also be something
like that for page breaks by the way, page breaks without ragged-bottom
before, that would be a replacement for the breakbefore header
property).

Would it be possible (/ easier) to treat each \score as a new typesetting calculation? I discussed this about a year ago, but Han-Wen thought it wasn't worth adding this.

I currently create each movement individually (each one inside their own \book{}, each one with a different ragged-last-bottom and different \header{copyright, tagline}). I put them together using lilypond-book, but I'm _only_ using lilypond-book to put those \books together and add page numbers. I even make my title page and program notes in lilypond.

I'd love it if I could create the whole thing in lilypond, ie
\titlePage
\resetPageVariables
\insidecover
\resetPageVariables
\piece1

or perhaps allowing multiple \books ? Currently multiple \books produce separate files; I'd like to have one file (with page numbers continuing through the entire \book).

I could try doing something like that, if Han-Wen or Jan think this is
not useless.

Thanks for considering it. I don't know what the proper solution would be, but I would very much appreciate this (and I know at least one other person who would also like to do this in lily).