Re: lilypond Scheme syntax in ly/music-functions-init.ly

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: lilypond Scheme syntax in ly/music-functions-init.ly
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:49:19 +0300

2006/7/27, Thomas Bushnell BSG <address@hidden>:

In lilypond 2.8.4, ly/music-functions-init.ly, there occurs the
following snippet (we're using Guile 1.6.8):

%% FIXME: guile-1.7 required?
%#(use-modules (scm display-lily))invalid module name for use-syntax ((srfi srfi-39))

I am in fact seeing this error.  Are there people successfully
building lilypond using Guile 1.6.8?

Thomas

I have reproduced this error many times in lilypond 2.9.cvs with guile 1.6.8 in my
debian-testing distro.

The question mark in "guile-1.7 required?" hints that upgrading moves the problem to an another place.
With guile 1.8 this problem was skipped, but there appeared some endless loop of  a
  "programming error: ... zero-length"
error when compiling any of the .ly -files, which was probably caused by guile.

How could one resolve this issue further? I have been pondering,
is lilypond able to parse any of the #(use-modules (...)) declarations?

--

Heikki