Manual feature-complete

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Manual feature-complete
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:53:39 -0700

As far as I know, the LilyPond manual is basically ready for a stable release. It is currently missing:
- info about the new user-friendly midi tempo.
- anything about Joe's page breaking stuff.
- anything that gets added to the NEWS file after today.

I'm not planning on doing any major work on the manual for the next two or three months; I'm going to concentrate on bug reports. I'll still process doc suggestions, and of course add any other NEWS info before the next stable release.

When 2.9.17 comes out, please glance at the docs. If I don't hear any complaints within a week of the web docs being updated, I'll assume that the chapter titles are good and rename the .itely files. This will lose the CVS logs for that chapter, but due to renaming the chapters, some of the filenames are really weird. ("Spacing issues" = "page.itely", "Non-musical notation" = "global.itely", etc -- this sometimes confuses me, and it must be horrible for anybody else trying to edit doc source files)