does partcombine need notes to be close together?

From: Ted Walther
Subject: does partcombine need notes to be close together?
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:33:29 -0700

I'm entering the music with partcombine for now.  The very first bar
shows up a behavior.  I have a b and a g separated by more than an
octave.  I believe they should be on the same stem, as they are on the
printed music I am entering by hand.  But lilypond is giving each their
own stem, the b with an up pointing stem, and the g with a down pointing
stem.

Is this proper behavior?

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 2459 E 41 Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2 (Canada)
Contact: 604-435-5787