Re: LilyPond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LilyPond
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:16:11 +0200

For questions concerning development, please use the mailing list.
theoretically it's not impossible to build with VC++ , but you'll have to figure out how for yourself. We use GCC.

Chris Hills wrote:
Hi LilyPond developers,

I came across LilyPond by chance recently.  It's most
impressive.  I've downloaded the LilyPond source and I
would like to build it for Windows using Microsoft
Visual C++ (version 6).  Unfortunately there don't
seem to be any instructions for this on the LilyPond
website.

You might like to have a look at a similar program
that I've been writing.  It's at
http://freespace.virgin.net/chris.crhills/midiplay . I originally wrote MidiPlay to play Midi files, to
help the singers in the choir I belong to to learn
their parts.  I've recently added a score display to
it, so that's why I'm interested in seeing what
LilyPond can do.

If you could explain how to build LilyPond for Windows
I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,
Chris Hills.
Cambridge UK