How to make it easier to suggest documentation

From: Marcus Macauley
Subject: How to make it easier to suggest documentation
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:31:13 +0000 (UTC)

I had a documentation suggestion (my first), and it made it through to lilypond-
devel, but two hurdles stood made it more difficult than it needed to be, and
might turn away less persistent users.

One, I didn't know (and couldn't easily find) how to suggest documentation.
Two, Gmane wrongly complained of "top-posting", and it took me 20 minutes to
figure out how to circumvent it.

These two hurdles could be eliminated thus:

One, add a link to
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding
(something like "Have a suggestion for how to improve the documentation? See
here[link].")
...in these places:
http://lilypond.org/web/documentation.html
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/

Two, update the listinfo for lilypond-devel
and perhaps the other lists as well, by adding a note such as the following, as
suggested by Sietse Brouwer:

"NB: When posting a LilyPond snippet, the form may tell you that you are "top
posting". Solve that by putting a line that starts with > at the top of your e-
mail."
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2006-05/msg00038.html)

Cheers,
Marcus