Re: Using \global - Lilypond 2.9.20 Windows

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Using \global - Lilypond 2.9.20 Windows
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:17:38 +0200

On Thursday 05 October 2006 14:24, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Erik Sandberg schreef:
> > On Wednesday 04 October 2006 10:33, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> >> It would be better if there were a check if the new event is equal to
> >> the old one, and only warn if they're different.
> >
> > Hm, then I'll define a new equal_p for probs. I'd say that two events are
> > equal if all event properties are 'equal?'. This
> > includes 'origin, so there will be a warning in cases like:

> >> Also, the definition
> >> location seems to be missing. Erik?
> >
> > My work-in-progress macro-capable parser contains a generic fix for this,
> > where I added a mandatory location parameter to MY_MAKE_MUSIC. Should I
> > try to backport this before 2.10?
>
> Yes, I think that's a good idea.

The attached patch fixes this and various other fixes:
- add equal_p for Input and Prob
- ASSIGN_EVENT_ONCE checks for inequality before warning.
- musics generated by parser always have their origin set.
- document-music.scm uses the auto-generated event classes
- small cleanup in translator's macro trickery

The 'types music property is now only used by music functions AFAIK; perhaps
we should deprecate it soon.

I should also remove a couple of explicit set_spot calls from parser.yy. May I
commit after that?

--
Erik