Re: lilypond COPYING ChangeLog

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond COPYING ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:02:31 +0200

Juergen Reuter schreef:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

If you modify this font, you may
+extend this exception to your version of the font, but you are not
+obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception
+statement from your version.

I.e., effectively, we change the licence for the font to BSD-style? (That's fine with me, but I would like to point out this explicitly.)

No, if you change the font, you're still obliged to put changes under GPL again. This exception means that PDF files don't fall under GPL.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com