Re: skyline vertical spacing

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: skyline vertical spacing
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:07:03 +1100

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 09:23:46PM +0200, Joe Neeman wrote:
>    I don't know, it looks OK to me. I've attached a snip from the png,
>    what do other people think? Should the padding be increased and, if
>    so, by how much?

This might be a little tight, but it is perfect for one of my main uses of
LilyPond --- typesetting marches for brass bands. In that context it's
important to squeeze all the music into a single small (typically ~ 4"x6"
landscape) page. A small figure for the padding makes this much easier and
tidier.

I'm not so sure about less constrained contexts. How does this play with big
and small values of between-system-padding and the various staff spacing
variables? If it would be useful I'll play around with a few values of the
spacing parameters to see how they go, once this is released.

Cameron Horsburgh