Re: MacOS Lilypond distribution

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: MacOS Lilypond distribution
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 22:40:35 -0600

On 12/3/06, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Graham Percival escreveu:
>> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>>> As I've said before: it's almost trivially easy to make the frontend
>>> x86 too, but someone needs to run py2app on an intel box, and
>>> send me the results.
>> I installed fink's py2app-py24 but that gave my a "py2applet" file. When
>> I run that, I get usage info.  What should I do?  (I'm not familiar with
>> python)
>
> something like
>
>   python setup.py py2app

Err... like this?

w163-mac:~/tmp gperciva$ py2applet --make-setup
Wrote setup.py
w163-mac:~/tmp gperciva$ python setup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 8, in ?
     from setuptools import setup
ImportError: No module named setuptools

Unfortunately you're not. Python's complaining that the setuptools
module isn't available and so the import fails.

You can try using find (matching on the name setuptools) to see if you
have the module on your system at all. If you do have setuptools on
your filesystem, change the value of PYTHONPATH (which you can, of
course, echo on the commandline to inspect) to include whatever
directory setuptools lives in. If you don't have setuptools on your
system then you'll have to go fetch it from somewhere.

You can also type

prompt> python
import setuptools

to test python and see if it can find the setuptools module once
you've done the installation.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden