Re: fine-tuning vertical skyline order

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: fine-tuning vertical skyline order
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:11:03 +0200

On 12/7/06, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> well, it is using a priority field, which can have multiple values
> >> for a single grob type.
> >
> > Aah, if I understand you correctly, I can write
> >

> >    \override foo #'outside-staff-priority = #1
> >    \override bar #'outside-staff-priority = #2
> >    \override foo #'outside-staff-priority = #3
> >
> > right?  This should be documented.
>
> Just to avoid any confusion, somebody else is going to document
> this, right?  I don't know where this info should go.

Well, I haven't received an answer w.r.t. my assumption (I think that
it's wrong -- I have no idea what a priority field is actually :-)

Your assumption is correct. The grobs with low priority (maybe it should be the other way around?) are positioned first. Once they are in place, the skylines are recalculated to include them and the remaining grobs are positioned. Grobs where outside-staff-priority is not a number are positioned before any of the skyline stuff is done.

Regarding the docs, I am happy to write a short section, but I also have no idea where to put it.