new vertical positioning question

From: Matevž Jekovec
Subject: new vertical positioning question
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:08:54 +0100

Hello,

I'm very excited about the new vertical collision avoiding code in
Lily-2.11.0 - it's something I've been waiting from 2.2. version on (I
had to always set vertical text-padding value manually) :). I have some
question about its implementation and usage:
1) Does this patch removes text collisions with notes in the staff
completely by itself?
2) Or should this be manually set in the source file (the
outside-staff-priority line, what does it do?)?
3) Are there any major downsides or tradeoffs about this feature (takes
much longer to compile the document?)?

Thank you!
- Matevž
Canorus development team