Re: help with git

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: help with git
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:50:09 +0200

Sorry, I forgot to cc the list...

On 12/18/06, Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Joe Neeman wrote:

> Could it be that my local git is too old? I have 1.4.1.

Sorry... This is not even in an official release; I remembered
incorrectly.

So, the workaround are:

        - ask the good savannah people to delete it,
        - add another temporary branch, and wait until you can use git to
          delete the old one, or
        - what I would do.

The latter is:

"Merge" with the remote branch using "ours" merge strategy, which just
ignores the other branch, but pretends that it was merged:

        $ git pull -s ours jneeman jneeman

Great! works like a charm.

Thanks,
Joe