Re: new comparisons available

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: new comparisons available
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:49:05 +0100 (CET)

> > Very nice!  However, I can't see a difference for some images at
> > all, for example lily-c4d0af8f20.ly
> >
> > What do you think about providing a third image which directly
> > overlays the two versions, using different colours, e.g. red and
> > black?
>
> I think it will make things more confusing.
>
> Note that it is possible that images are the same but
> output-distance thinks that images differ, since output-distance
> looks at bounding boxes.
>
> If you're interested in experimenting, I suggest you play with
> ImageMagick and buildscripts/output-distance.py

Hmm, I followed the links given in the ImageMagick documentation, and
I found this which seems quite nice:

  composite -compose DIFFERENCE crop1.png crop2.png out1.jpg
  convert -threshold 25% -colorize 0/100/100 out1.jpg out2.jpg
  composite -compose PLUS crop1.png out2.jpg out3.jpg

See the attached image.

    Werner

JPEG image