Re: tutorial update

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: tutorial update
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:17:30 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
> I just rearranged and rewrote part of the tutorial.  Since that was my
> last task before installing Linux on this macbook, and since "make web"
> is currently broken anyway, I committed without testing.  Sorry if I
> broke anything, but there were special circumstances surrounding this
> case which should not apply in the future.

That's small but good work.

I have two questions:

1) Do you plan to port such doc improvements back to the stable branch?
With git, this is very easily done by "cherry-picking" the concerned
commits (with Cogito, the command is 'cg patch -C <commit-checksum>').
If you agree and if you don't want to bother with this, I volunteer to
do it (as I already do this with the French docs, that won't bother me).

2) Since LilyPond now warns about every input file without \version, I
propose to move docs about \version from "Commenting input files" to
"First steps" just after the first example. May I push directly or send
a patch first?

Regards,
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>