Re: Testimonials translation [was Re: Some more German cathegory two)]

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Testimonials translation [was Re: Some more German cathegory two)]
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:02:31 +0100

Le samedi 13 janvier 2007 à 14:29 +0200, Till Rettig a écrit :

> > Of course.  It is certainly more consistent to translate all comments,
> > and we could add a small notice saying
> >
> > //Original comments are in English; you can read them in the English
> > version of this page (scroll to the bottom to find the link).//
> >
> > Do translators agree on this?
> >
> sounds like a good idea! Does anybody do the modifications by
> themselves?

Yes, please.

>  Will the check-translation recognise that this is an
> addition to original english site but that it should be there...?

check-translation is completely ignorant about translated files content,
so that's OK.  lilypond.org pages need very little translation-specific
information (e.g. in French translation, the French maillist in
contact.ihtml, and the above notice in testimonials), so you needn't
worry about this.  It will be different for documentation translation,
though.

Cheers
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>