Re: I want ledger lines in middle of staff, or dashed staff lines

From: Kevin Dalley
Subject: Re: I want ledger lines in middle of staff, or dashed staff lines
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:03:04 -0800

Thanks.

I'm starting to go with some C++ hacking.  I can get the extra ledger
lines as long as I don't need them, when the note is outside of the
staff and normal ledger lines are created, as you mentioned.  I
haven't yet lied to LilyPond about whether the note is outside the
staff, but I'll think about it.

Is it worth adding a s separate ledger class for these ledgers,
perhaps subclassing from the current class?  That way normal staffs
don't need to worry about the code, only odd ones.  Though I added an
engraver for the chromatic staff, I'm not sure it is *really* an
engraver, it just changes the position of the notes.  It does work,
however.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a ledger style class.
Perhaps I'll just add it to my staff and see what happens.