Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS X developer tools

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS X developer tools
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:09:19 -0800

Han-Wen and/or whoever is currently packaging the MacOS X Intel version of lilypond:

I've noticed for several months that the official Lilypond.app Intel builds posted on lilypond.org did not run under the forthcoming MacOS X 10.5 (Leopard) release (My own builds of the fink package did not have this problem). After an Apple-internal investigation, we've determined that the current Intel builds must have been made using the Intel developer tools predating the actual Intel machines. Binaries produced by these tools work on 10.4 (Tiger), but NOT 10.5 (Leopard).

Could you please update your copy of Xcode to version 2.2.1 or later for future Lilypond builds?

Thanks
Matthias