Re: lilypond

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: lilypond
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:16:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, greg A Wissing wrote:

> A few times I have stumbled upon this Lilypond project of yours. What an
>  incredible amount of work has been done, and the print results of the
> scores look splendid indeed.

Thank you very much!

> But, I am amazed, if not stupefied in amazement, that with such a
> capital of knowledge nobody in your ranks has thought of making a decent
> working user interface of this magnificent software.

There is indeed a lot of knowledge in LilyPond. However, those who know
how to write nice GUIs, and those who know how to craft elegant algorithms
for elegant sheet music, usually form two mutual exclusive groups of
people.

However, given people who actually put a lot of effort into it, I have no
problem to believe that a nice GUI could be either put on top of LilyPond,
or even be integrated.

Ciao,
Dscho