New caesura

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: New caesura
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:12:19 +0100

Hi all,

a couple of days ago Paul Scott asked about the implementation of a new
caesura ("railroad tracks") glyph. After a few tries and corrections we
ended up with the attached example. I guess that this might be of
interest to quite a few other users, too. If this is true I can easily
send a patch.

However, I seem to infer from a whole bunch of earlier discussions on
the same subject that Han-Wen and Jan would rather prefer to stick to
the current version of the glyph until someone manages to find
hand-engraved examples of it in older German music editions on which the
design can be based. So I thought I'd just ask if they are interested in
trying out this first approximation to an improved version.

I would like to have a look in our local musicological library to see if
I can find one or two samples which meet their quality standards so that
we don't have to rely entirely on our own sense of aesthetics. But it
may take at least a week or two before I will find the time. Can anyone
who frequently uses this glyph give a hint in which type of music it
occurs most often?

Thanks and cheers,
Max