Re: proofreading tutorial

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: proofreading tutorial
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:15:44 +0100

Sorry to come back to this one, but I just noticed that the current text
on Windows in "Compiling a file" isn't really coherent, since it first mentions "start-up a text editor" and then later describes how to do the same thing with the text editor bundled with LilyPond. I hope you don't mind if I modify the
text and remove the current first paragraph under "Windows".

  /Mats

Graham Percival wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Some more information that might be worth adding already in the tutorial
(again specifically for Windows):

Thanks, I did all these updates.

Finally, it's probably a good idea to add a footnote with a link to some overview of different text editors, since the one supplied with LilyPond on Windows and probably also on Mac is fairly rudimentary. This should replace the current
footnote 1.

I have a link to our page about Editors in the manual. I'd like to remove that section and have a web page for this, but this requires a user with basic HTML skills to produce such a web page.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology