Re: relocation problems on linuxppc

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: relocation problems on linuxppc
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:02:00 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
2007/4/24, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> I recently added a patch to Ghostscript to the GUB distribution. Can
> you check whether this might have been the culprit? (just check a few
> earlier releases).

How much "earlier" ?  2.11.17 and 2.10.9 both had the same problem;
2.10.0-2 had some libc / GLIBC_PRIVATE problem.  Should I try 2.8?

I'm not sure what is the right solution; the utf8 file uses CJK fonts,
which is otherwise a pretty much untested area for Linux/PPC.  It
might very well be that it never worked correctly.

Ok. Let's drop this, then. I was just trying to set up my old powerbook so that I'd have a working system in case I screwed up my macbook OSX -> linux shift. If worst comes to worst, I might not be able to update the docs safely for two or three weeks, but that wouldn't be the end of the world.