Re: Please help Lilypond 2.10.23.-MacPython OS X- 2.3.3-1-Mac OS 10.2.7

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Please help Lilypond 2.10.23.-MacPython OS X- 2.3.3-1-Mac OS 10.2.7
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 13:49:59 -0300

we don't support macos 10.2; Sorry.

2007/5/16, Bob Morabito <address@hidden>:
Please pardon my intrusion upon your time and work--

I've been trying to use Lilypond 2.10.23. with MacPython OS X- 2.3.3-1,
under Mac OS 10.2.7

I posted for help at the link below, but didn't receive anything of use
(one reply)
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general

Im using Mac OS 10.2.7--

Upon starting Lily Pond I keep getting an error box saying "MacPython
2.3 is
needed to run this application"

but I installed 2.3.3-1?

When I first had opened Lily Pond, it told me I needed that MacPython,
2.3 and had a
button to click to take me there-
thats the only way I knew I needed it..

 From what I can gather OS 10.3 has Python in the System (I'm using
10.2.7, which
doesnt):

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/download.html

> "As an almost complete MacPython 2.3 installation is already included
> in Panther
> by Apple the only thing you need is the MacPython 2.3 for Panther
> addons
> installer, which contains the IDE, the Package Manager and the waste
> module on
> which they depend. This is the second build of the additions, in
> comparison with
> the first build this version allows you to install the full Python
> documentation
> and it fixes an IDE startup bug.
>
> As of this writing it is not advisable to install MacPython-OSX 2.3.3
> on 10.3
> because it can cause confusion with the pre-installed Python 2.3. See
> the
> MacPython on OSX page for details."

Also see:
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/macpython-osx.html

Please help me..I'm anxious to try LilyPond out, but cant seem to get
it to work, or help anywhere.

Thank you, and again I apologize for this intrusion upon you.

Peace, Bob Morabito