Re: [patch] \label, page references

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: [patch] \label, page references
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 12:45:36 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:

> My first idea was to make labels use the same kind of logics as
> breaks, ie have \label work inside music and at toplevel:
>
>   \markup { Act I } \label #'actI
>
>   \score {
>     { ... \mark A \label #'markA ... }
>   } \label #'pieceXXX
>
> So, in Paper_book::get_system_specs (), when a label marker is found,
> the labels property of the first column of the previous score is set
> (instead of the score itself, through its layout slot, as in the patch I
> sent).  But then, propagating the labels from individual columns to the
> systems would require to loop across every single column of each system
> to collect the labels. Wouldn't that be too expensive? If this is
> affordable, then that might be the best solution.

I have something working in that taste (using a book-paper labels_ slot
iso a paper variable, and labels put on column properties instead of in
a paper-score layout variable). The system columns are looped across
anyway, so the extra processing here is a col->get_property("labels").

I'd like to go on with labels inside the music (for use at a rehearsal
mark for instance), but I don't know how this works:

 - define a new event class label-event;

 - define a new music type LabelEvent, of type label-event;

but how does this link to the paper column engraver?

nicolas