Re: create mode 100644 input/lsr/scheme/semichoirstaff; -choirstaff-with

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: create mode 100644 input/lsr/scheme/semichoirstaff; -choirstaff-with-spanbars-except---type-bars.ly
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:48:49 -0700

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Graham Percival writes:
Sorry.  For general information, it's done via
buildscripts/makelsr.py
after downloading a tarball from the "lsr download".

Is there a manual stage involved?  I would expect a toplevel
make target `update-lsr' or something?
Yes, it requires manual oversight. LSR is built inside chroot'd jails, whereas we build input/ on our normal machines. (at least, I do) A scheme system command that does rm -rf won't do anything to LSR, but it would cause some slight inconvenience to us. :)

makelsr.py compiles everything in safe mode. If any snippets are unsafe (which is unfortunately a large number of them), they're flagged for manual attention. I then check git-diff on those files to make sure there's nothing evil in their updates.

Basically,
1)  download the latest tarball from LSR
2)  run buildscripts/makelsr.py
3)  git-diff unsafe snippets
4)  git commit input/lsr/
5)  check new snippets in detail
6)  git add new snippets, git commit
7)  git push

I only do this every so often, so it's not a huge pain... and I can't see any way to safely automate it further. I suppose I could automatically download and untar the tarball, but that's about it.