Sponsorship offer (Re: [Re: Proper handling of accidentals in unmetered

From: Ted Walther
Subject: Sponsorship offer (Re: [Re: Proper handling of accidentals in unmetered music?])
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 12:16:08 -0700

Han-Wen, how much would you want to implement a \FreeMeter function?

You would specify \FreeMeter instead of 3/4 or 4/4 in the TimeSignature.

Or you could specify \FreeMeter instead of \TimeSignature 3/4 etc.

Then every time you entered \bar "|" or just | by itself, that would be
counted as a new measure, the bar numbering would be updated properly,
accidentals would be reset properly, and so on.

I am transcribing 3000 year old music that has been discovered by
archaelogists and researchers, and the music is very "free-meter".
Someone posted a solution that requires making the time signature
invisible, and then changing the time signature every single time I want
to start a new measure.  I have a lot of music to transcribe; this will
be a major, major pain, figuring out what the right time signature is
for a particular measure.

Ted