Re: Logo for Lilypond

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Logo for Lilypond
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:51:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Jonas Nystr�m wrote:

As I reviewed the website, I thought that perhaps something as simple as
replacing the photograph of the pond with a beautifully-engraved piece of
complex music might improve the first impression.

Carl Sorensen

Exactly! The site should communicate the unique qualities and possibilites
of the program.
Why not doing that the first seconds a new visitor reaches the site, using
nice and clarifying graphics?
Right now, you have to search to find examples that make that clear.

Well, I guess that I should stop talking and try to create something
myself...
Take a look at the attached pictur.

Regards / Jonas

Also very nice, but I suggest _not_ to chose the Jubilate snippet as "traditional notation", since it may actually scare new users (e.g. observe that the "Ju" in the alto voice is vertically aligned with the soprano "bi", although the "Ju" occurs one quarter note earlier than the "bi", which may be considered even as a bug, just like the bar lines that are missing from this snippet...).

The "Screech and boink" snippet (see Sect. 1.5 in the manual) may be another interesting snippet.

Greetings,
Juergen