Re: webspace for GDP

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: webspace for GDP
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:37:05 +0200

Hi Graham,

I have rented my own dedicated root server (collocated at
http://www.hetzner.de/), with 1.000 GB traffic / month automatically included
(above that, the network speed will be set to 10 MB/sec, but no additional
charges) and full root access (i.e. no cost for CPU usage or anything. That
server currently functions as mail server and hosts mainly my personal web
sites, our choir's webpage and the pages of a few friends.

Basically, it sits there idle most of the time, so I could share the CPU usage
with GDP... As I'm paying for the whole server anyway, it would not cost me
anything to host stuff for lilypond.

It's running debian etch, and I would simply create a shell user for gdp
(ideally accessed with ssh public key auth) and set up the web hosting.

Let me know if you are interested...

Cheers,
Reinhold